The underside of the stitches. Sorry this post is all outta whack...I am new learning about blogging.
Nathan's grandma gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. I paid $65 to have it restored, and it is supposed to work perfectly. I'm having some trouble. I am a REALLY beginner, but I thought maybe if I posted some pics, y'all might offer some HELPFUL advice! :)
The stitches as they appear from the top. I know the pic is hard to see, but they look pretty good.
This year we (well I) decided to do something a little different for Valentine's Day. I know that Nathan, like most men, always worries about what to do for V-Day, and feels like he has to meet certain expectations. I decided that this year, I wanted to make Valentine's Day all about him. I love Valentine's Day, and think love is so important in our marriage, so it was actually fun for me to plan everything for him. I started by booking a massage at a local spa for him. He had an hour long massage on our honeymoon (3 1/2 years ago) and has wanted one since, so I thought it was due time. After his massage, we came home and relaxed for a bit. We then headed to KC to see the 8:20 showing of Friday the 13th. Romantic, I know. Anyone who knows my husband knows that this is his idea of a perfect date. After the movie, I had made reservations for 10:15 at our FAVORITE restaurant of all time, Bonefish Grill. If you have not had Bonefish, TRY IT. It's like a fancy-schmancy restaurant, with Red Lobster prices. The fish is flown in fresh daily, and never frozen. Each meal is individually prepared. This is a special treat for us Chipotle/Sonic lovers. :)
All in all, it was a WONDERFUL Valentine's day, and I loved spending time with my sweetie.
Here's an idea, Mr. Online Teacher guy, you are very lucky to not have to conduct 3-6 hours of class a week and get paid for "teaching" my online class. HOW about, when a student emails you and asks for help with homework due the next day, you email her back within 24 hours. Cause, she really really wouldn't bother you if she didn't need the help. Thank you.
After watching TWO hours of Grey's/Private Practice, I felt inspired...so here goes.
10. It's way past time for Mark Sloan to become the nice guy they are building him up to being.
9. Christina is hateful, yet men are always wanting her, and no matter how bad she treats them, they keep wanting her.
8. George is never on the show. Yes, you might see him in the background, or he might mutter a sentence or two, but he no longer matters.
7. The hour of Private Practice that I watched tonight was MUCH more intriguing than GA.
6. How many episodes can be made with patients my parents age having sexual injuries? By my count, we are up to at least 3.
5. Kids keep getting hurt/sick/dying. Not good TV.
4. I almost turned off the TV to work on homework.
3. If I see one more lesbian kiss on that show, I will most definitely vomit up the frozen pizza I ate for dinner.
2. I want Izzie to die. I used to love her, now she bores me. I'm sick of her. Gag.
1. The #1 Reason I'm Over Grey's
I am the most romantic person I know. I love romance. I love weddings, babies and marriage proposals. My heart did not skip a beat, my eyes did not tear up, I felt ZERO emotion about McDreamy and Meredith getting engaged.
So, I would say, Grey's has definitely Jumped the Shark.
Will I turn it on next week, probably. Will I continue to make sure I am all caught up on school stuff by Thursday so there is nothing standing between me and one hour of that show, definitely not.